The US subsidiary of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG in Dublin, CA is the core facility for product development and manufacturing of Zeiss ophthalmic devices.
The Systems Engineering Intern will support systems engineers in concept and product development. The main responsibility of Systems Engineering is transitioning projects from concepts and advanced research into product implementation – including design and testing.
- Work and interact with Systems Engineers in concept development
- Design lab prototypes of opto-mechanical and opto-electrical systems • Design test jigs for opto-mechanical and opto-electrical
- Assemble or build prototype hardware and software
- Trouble shoot prototypes
- Characterize and optimize prototype performance
- Student in pursuit of a bachelor’s or master's degree in mechatronics, electrical engineering, optical engineering, mechanical engineering, systems engineering or similar field
- Available for 6-8 months
- Experience designing and programming Control Systems (building and programming, preferably Matlab and/or C#)
- Experience with Electrical Systems (use, design, testing)
- Experience with Mechanical Systems (use, design, testing)