MEET Man Project
Models for Simulation of Electromagnetic, Elastomechanic and Thermic Behaviour of Man
DescriptionNew possibilities in the area of simulating complex physical behaviour lead to a growing interest in suitable models. In contrast to the modeling of technical objects, which is supported by common CAD-Tools, the modeling of the human body is a new challenge. MEET Man is a realistic, anatomical model of the human body extended by descriptions of physical attributes, eg electric conductivity and permitivity, magnetic permeability, thermal and elastomechanic properties. MEET Man was created by usage of methods of digital image processing outgoing from the computertomographic scans and thin-sections photos of a human body. These originate from the Visible Human Project of the National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, Maryland.
MEET Man allows the numerical calculation of physical fields in the human body. Thereby a diversity of questions can be answered:
- Optimization of therapeutic and diagnostic methods, eg electrotherapy and hyperthermy
- Research on the risks of "electrosmog"
- Planning and simulation of surgical interventions
- Volume oriented models on the base of tetrahedrons, cuboids and octtrees
- Surface oriented models basing on triangles and rectangles
- Finite elemente method
- Finite difference method
- Finite integration techniques
- Boundary elemente method
- Resolution in submillimeter area
- High tissue differentation
- Adaptive model refinement
- Inclusion of anisotropic tissues
Visualization of Anatomy
Visualization of Muscle Fibre Orientation
The anatomical models of the MEET Man project are distributed by Medical Virtual Reality Studio GmbH - Lörrach.